Penmaenmawr Golf Club Junior Section
Who can join?
Membership of the club is open to boys and girls under the age of 18 regardless of golfing ability.
All members, whether boys or girls, have equal rights in all aspects of the club.
There is no minimum age limit but Juniors under the age of 12 should be comfortable using a junior sized golf club.
To join please download complete a membership application form and submit it as per the instructions contained on the form.
What does it cost?
Annual membership costs
Junior (up to12)
Junior (13 to 14)
Junior (15 to 17)
Benefits of joining?
- Coaching and practice sessions. Sessions are open to all Junior members who will receive coaching from the Junior organiser and on some occasions from a PGA Professional.
- Golf balls are provided free of charge by courtesy of the members Penmaenmawr Golf club.
- Juniors are properly supervised and given coaching by the Junior Organisers.
- In summer, coaching sessions will use a mix of the practice ground, chipping area, putting green and the full course.
- Away days to other golf courses when playing in reciprocal junior matches.
NB. All Junior Organisers are DBS cleared for Child Protection.
Entry to competitions is open to all Junior members subject only to ability as assessed by the Junior Organiser. Prizes are presented to the winner and the runner-up by handicap division. Presentations of the prizes are held after each competition in the clubhouse. It is not compulsory to enter competitions.
What to wear?
- We do operate a dress code and we do expect Juniors to be reasonably clean and tidy. Penmaenmawr Golf Club does have a formal dress code for the course and the clubhouse.
- Course dress code - proper golf shoes are compulsory on the full golf course; jeans, football shirts and sleeveless tops are not allowed on the golf course.
- Golf shoes are not allowed in the main clubhouse but can be worn in the changing room.
Competitions. Safety in competitions is very well covered in the R&A Rules of Golf book and all Juniors playing in competitions will be supplied with a copy.